Sunday, January 1, 2017

Bookish Resolutions for 2017



WOW, it's officially 2017 and if you are anything like me, that means it's time to start some goals/resolutions for the upcoming year.  While I have health and happiness/family goals, what I am going to share with you today are my bookish goal for 2017.

  1. Goodreads Reading Challenge - It's been a couple of years now that I have been doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge and I always set my goal to 25 books because I don't want to overwhelm myself... we spend a good amount of the summer on the ball field.  However, this year, I will be increasing that total to 35 books.  A nice, attainable goal!  You can follow along with my progress by becoming a follower/friend on Goodreads.
  2. Paper & Glam Book Club - I have done a dedicated post on the Paper & Glam Book Club so I encourage you to read that (here) but quickly, I will be joining everyone in reading each of the monthly book picks and partaking in the group chat.
  3. Fiction/Non-Fiction/Classic Ratio - I think this should have been my #1 resolution because I honestly think it will be the most challenging.  I am a die-hard fiction fan... more so adult fiction but I also enjoy reading young adult stories... basically, any and all fiction is my jam.  In 2017, I would like to incorporate more of the other genres into my reading because I feel like I am missing out on some amazing stories because my mind is narrow and limited.  While I intend to try for one non-fiction and one classic a month, I may switch that up as I go along so stay tuned... I will definitely keep this updated.  Thankfully, the Paper & Glam Book Club crossed over with this resolution a little as the book list for the year includes both of these genres... YAY!
  4. Book-Buying Ban - This will be a short lived goal but I would like to read ALL of the books on my bookshelf at home.  Basically, those books that I have already spent money on adding to my personal library, that still need to be read.  I purchased them for some reason so let's knock this off!  I will still be able to borrow books from the library but nothing will be purchased (unless through gift cards, etc) until the shelf is empty!
So there you have it, my 2017 New Year Bookish Goals!  I will do an update quarterly to let you all know how the goals are going.


No comments:

Post a Comment