Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Fractured by Catherine McKenzie

Fractured by Catherine McKenzie

Publisher: Lake Union, October 2016

Genre: Fiction

Pages: Paperback, 360 pages

Rating: 5/5 stars

Summary (from goodreads.com):

Julie Prentice and her family move across the country to the idyllic Mount Adams district of Cincinnati, hoping to evade the stalker who’s been terrorizing them ever since the publication of her bestselling novel, The Murder Game. Since Julie doesn’t know anyone in her new town, when she meets her neighbor John Dunbar, their instant connection brings measured hope for a new beginning. But she never imagines that a simple, benign conversation with him could set her life spinning so far off course.

After a series of misunderstandings, Julie and her family become the target of increasingly unsettling harassment. Has Julie’s stalker found her, or are her neighbors out to get her, too? As tension in the neighborhood rises, new friends turn into enemies, and the results are deadly.

Review:

Can you give a book more than 5 stars? If you can... this would be the one I would do it for! YOU GUYS, I was riveted... so into this book that I gave up an entire day of the first long weekend of the year to do nothing but read.

I first heard about Catherine McKenzie from a fellow Canadian blogger, Kaley (Books, etc.), and knew when I read her first book that she would be an author who lives on my 'must read' list. Her ability to pull you into a story is unlike most authors out there and this book was no different. When I sat down to read, I had no idea what the book was about but knew that it was a mystery-type story... little did I know that it was an edge-of-your-seat, nail-biter of a book... one of those that you refuse to put down because you MUST know what happens.

The characters in Fractured were extremely well developed... even though the story was told from two points of view, I felt as though I could understand the story, and the atmosphere that surrounded everything, from many of the neighbours of whom played a roll in the book. Both Julia and John were great characters to read the story through and provided very different looks into how things happened... the back story that led up to the big mystery. Living in a 'community' neighbourhood myself, I definitely understand the dynamics that exist when you live on a street where there is always someone watching... trying to see who is doing what and reporting those who don't follow the rules to a 't'. I felt for Julia... moving away from a horrible experience and ending up in an even worse one.

Overall, this book was amazing... one that I think everyone needs to read! If you like a good mystery, this is a book that will satisfy every single desire that you crave when you pick up a book! LOOOOOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment