Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Obsession by Nora Roberts

The Obsession by Nora Roberts

Publisher: Piatkus Books, April 2016

Genre: Fiction

Pages: eBook, 464 pages

Rating: 5/5 stars

Summary (from goodreads.com):

Naomi Carson is a survivor. As a child, her family was torn apart by a shocking crime. It could have destroyed her, but Naomi has grown up strong, with a passion for photography that has taken her all around the world.

Now, at last, she has decided to put down roots. The beautiful old house on Point Bluff needs work, but Naomi has new friends in town who are willing to help, including Xander Keaton - gorgeous, infuriating and determined to win her heart.

But as Naomi plans for the future, her past is catching up with her. Someone in town knows her terrifying secret - and won't let her forget it. As her new home is rocked by violence, Naomi must discover her persecutor's identity, before it's too late.

Review:

You guys... have I mentioned before just how much I love Nora Roberts books? This chick can do no wrong! I have read many of her books (like a lot of them) from all sort so of genres... mystery, romance, witchcraft... and each and every time I finish one, I am blow away by the sheer enjoyment I get out of it.

The Obsession literally had be gripped right from the first page and didn't let up until I finished the book. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out the whole "who-done-it" aspect and could not centre on one person and when I finally would think of someone, I wasn't happy because I really started to fall in love with the characters. The whole idea of a small town, the quiet escape, a house on a bluff really appealed to me so I didn't want anyone who was in that ideal, dreamlike, place to be guilty of killing young women.

One of the things that I found to really enjoy about the writing style for this novel is that, while the story started in the past, it stayed with the current day throughout the rest of the book... you were never left hanging in a chapter and while I can appreciate back-and-forth style books, it seems so common these days. I really liked that Nora Roberts kept this book chronological... that may seem like a weird thing to like but it made the story so much easy to read and you would really get lost in it - hours will disappear, I promise!

Overall, I loved this story and am already craving the next Nora Roberts book on my TBR... as I said before, you can never go wrong by picking up one of her books. She's amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment