Monday, January 9, 2017

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling

Publisher: Bloomsbury, July 1998

Genre: Fiction, Children

Pages: Hardcover, 384 pages

Rating: 3/5 stars

Summary (from chapters.indigo.ca):

Harry Potter's summer has included the worst birthday ever, doomy warnings from a house-elf called Dobby, and rescue from the Dursleys by his friend Ron Weasley in a magical flying car! Back at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for his second year, Harry hears strange whispers echo through empty corridors - and then the attacks start. Students are found as though turned to stone . Dobby's sinister predictions seem to be coming true.

Review:

As this is my first-time reading the Harry Potter series (I've seen the movies) I think I need to get into the later books before really enjoying them as much as others seem to. For some reason, Chamber of Secrets just seemed meh to me... a little to kiddie maybe.

At this point, I can't say that I will 100% continue with the series because it's just not hitting that high note for me and because I don't re-read books and generally try to read a book before watching the movie, I find the element of 'surprise' isn't there. I know this story... I know what's coming and I am finding it a little hard to get through.

I'm a sad panda.


No comments:

Post a Comment